Associate Instructional Designer
Applied Learning is looking for an Associate Instructional Designer responsible for the development of innovative online courses. This position requires a combination of instructional design skills (namely curating information, writing and storyboarding) and authoring skills (using tools such as Articulate Storyline 360 & Rise, GoAnimate and others). The candidate should have a strong understanding of online course development and delivery.
This position will be located in Toledo, Ohio. Applicants must either reside in Toledo or be willing to relocate without assistance.
- Identify, curate, and analyze information based on project needs, and create storyboards and develop error-free instructional material in various formats.
- Coordinate internal and external subject matter experts to obtain required job and task information.
- Write and ensure all copy is error-free and consistent with the abilities of the intended learning audience
- Leverage a strong working knowledge of eLearning authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline 360 & Rise, GoAnimate, and other tools.
- Test and debug deliverables for quality assurance.
- Communicate concisely and collaborate with the team to manage expectations, timelines, client deadlines and feedback.
- Manage multiple assignments with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly.
- Write engaging course description and marketing copy.
- Maintain a can-do attitude that promotes getting the job done on time when faced with roadblocks that could potentially derail productivity.
Education and Qualifications
- A portfolio demonstrating eLearning course development and writing samples is required for consideration.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in instructional design or related field preferred, but not required.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Must be an exceptional writer with a great attention for detail.
- A working understanding of instructional design, adult learning principles, and learning methodologies.
- Familiarity with learning management systems (LMS) such as LearnDash, WordPress and plugins, HTML and CSS.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required experience: Instructional Design, 2 years
About Applied Learning
We are a management consulting firm that develops and deploys in-person and online training solutions for innovative Fortune 500 corporations. Our goal is to elevate our client’s employees by helping them see why their jobs matter in context of a dynamic business environment. We offer a competitive benefits package including health insurance and 401(k). You will be joining a talented team of creatives and consultants.